Thursday, July 17, 2008

PaperCrafts Gallery Idol

I'm involved in year two of the PaperCrafts Magazine contest Gallery Idol. The contest is based on American Idol, hence the name. By some stroke of unbelievable luck I was chosen to be in the Top 20. We are currently in the middle of voting for Round 1 (challenge: incorporate scallops). Here's my card...




Technically, this is the second card I have done for this contest, but the first one didn't count. The voting got all messed up and we had to start over. The voting this time is much better. It is done through a third party survey website and somehow your computer is only allowed to vote once per round. Nice. If you'd like to vote for me before 12:00 noon MST today, click here.

So, a little bit about this card. The center image is stamped using the Piece of Cake stamp set from Papertrey Ink. The polka dotted background is done with the Polka Dot Basics set from the same folks. I love that company. I embellished with some punched flowers, rhinestones, and glitter. The pretty little scalloped border around the cake was pierced with a pin using one of those plastic mesh embroidery circle thingies. I used one of the smallest rings and created my own pattern. Time consuming...yes. But I love the result. The darker teal scallops were done by punching 1/2" circles out of cardstock and adhering them to the back of that chocolate layer. I stamped a sentiment on the inside too (with a few flowers). I love this card muchly. I think I've posted enough today. Enjoy!

Recipe:
Cardstock: White - Strathmore; Aqua, Teal, Brown - Bazzill
Inks: Water Lily Green - Palette; Dark Chocolate & Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Piece of Cake, Polka Dot Basics, Everyday Blessings - Papertrey Ink
Punches: Corner Rounder, Flower (larger shown on card), 1/2" circle - EK Success; Flower (smaller shown on card) - Fiskars
Rhinestones: Darice
Glitter Pen: Sakura
Other: Foam Tape, Embroidery Circle Thingy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Lizzie...good luck! (Funny thing when I saw your name on the PTI message board...I thought to myself...that could be the name of a rock star....lol)