Monday, July 28, 2008

Round 3, here I come!

I made it into the third round of Paper Crafts Gallery Idol! I found out over vacation so I was spending my down time in Pittsburgh working on my project. Did you know that the best photography light in a Hampton Inn is in the bathroom? True story!

Anyhow, the challenge this round was to feature an attributable quote. Luckily, I had the Out On A Limb stamp set with me on vacation. There is a really lovely Helen Keller quote in that set that says, "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they must be felt with the heart." I used that quote with a chipboard heart covered in patterned paper and some pretty ribbon to create a really clean and simple card. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

To view the cards in this round click here.

To vote click here.

I am CreativeCritter in case you choose to vote for me. Thanks so much for the support!



Recipe:
Cardstock: White - Strathmore, Pool - Paper Source, Kraft - Papertrey Ink, Brown - Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Heidi Grace
Stamps: Out On A Limb - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink, Moonlight White - Brilliance
Ribbon: Dark Chocolate Twill & Aqua Mist Saddle Stitched - Papertrey Ink
Other: Chipboard Heart - Basic Grey, Brad - American Crafts, Flower - Prima, Foam Tape - 3M

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Great card!!!! I love that quote too. Congratulations on making it this far and good luck on this round. I went and voted and came back to say Good Job! Hope you're enjoying Pittsburgh. There are so many things to do.

Unknown said...

I love your double ribbon -- so pretty!