Monday, August 11, 2008

Farm's Tree

So, today I get an email from Sean..."Farm (sounds like F-ahhh-m) just scalded the snot out of her foot when water from a double-boiler went down her left shoe. She should do voice overs for horror films..." Nice visual/audio clip, heh? A get well card was added to the agenda. Everyone's favorite linebacker (or second favorite - Guadelupe is still my favorite) can't get hurt and not receive a get well card.



I wanted to make a pretty card that was full of bright and cheerful colors. I had it in my head to use one of my Maya Road trees. I've seen some really cute stuff done with these trees so (of course) I had to buy them and do super cute things, too. I repeatedly stamped a bubble cluster onto a couple of pieces of green cardstock. Then, I adhered one piece of stamped stock to the chipboard tree shape and the other to a Basic Grey chipboard frame, cutting them out using a craft knife. I like the craft knife better when I am cutting out chip board shapes. I did the same thing with some brown cardstock and my tree trunk before I sanded all of the cut edges with a nail file. That makes all of the edges smooth and hides any cutting mistakes.

I looked around and found some funky patterned paper that I thought might be fun without being too busy. A little layering, distressing, ribbon and ... Voila! A get well card is born.

The card had to be pretty big so everyone would be able to sign it. Between the service staff and the kitchen staff there are nearly 50 people in the cafe. The finished size is 5 x 7" and there are two white panels inside so there is plenty of signature space. I hope it adds a little sunshine to, what I imagine, is a morphine induced haze. Poor woman. Feel better, Farm! We're thinking of you!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Blue - DCWV; White, Brown, Parakeet, Red - Bazzill; White (inside) - Strathmore
Patterned Paper: Be Bopn' Boomerangs - SEI
Stamps: Circles & Dots - Inkadinkado; Faux Ribbon - Papertrey
Ink: Landscape - Palette; Moonlight White - Brilliance; Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink; Dark Brown Chalk Ink - ColorBox
Chipboard: Tree - Maya Road; Frame - Basic Grey
Brads: Copper Mini - American Crafts
Ribbon: Cranberry Grosgrain - CTMH

No comments: