Monday, August 4, 2008

Gallery Idol - The Final Round

The final round of the Gallery Idol contest has been posted! The challenge for this round was to incorporate a silhouette. Everyone did a fantastic job! To see the cards click here.

To vote for your favorite click here.

My card is the first one. I had so much fun making this card! The challenge was tough, but it pushed me out of my comfort zone and made me try something different (which was a very good thing). I really love the results. I don't make many Halloween cards. I should.



I created the silhouette myself. The trail behind the witch is created using the Dot Flourishes stamp set from Inkadinkado and the Spooky Sweets and Text Boxed stamp sets from Papertrey Ink. The bat to the far right is also popped off of the front so it looks like the bat is flying. I also distressed the edges of the Kraft layer.



The moon was cut from light orange cardstock. I ran the cardstock through my Cuttlebug with the Bubbles Fiskars embossing plate to create the craters. The edges are sponged with darker orange ink.



I accented Witchie-Poo's trail with glitter and Glossy Accents.

This card fits into a standard business size envelope. I hope you'll all go and look at the Gallery Idol entries. They are all so amazing and unique. My favorite part of this contest has been getting to see the projects every week. Good luck to all of the super talented ladies in the contest!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate & Kraft - Papertrey Ink, orange - Bazzill
Ink: Dark Chocolate & Summer Sunrise - Papertrey Ink, Moonlight White - Brilliance, Autumn Orange - Memories
Stamps: Dot Flourishes - Inkadinkado, Spooky Sweets, Text Boxed, Birds of A Feather - Papertrey Ink
Ribbon: Summer Sunrise Twill - Papertrey Ink, Orange Stitched - May Arts
Other: Copper Brad - American Crafts, Glitter Pen - Sakura, Glossy Accents - Ranger, Foam Tape - 3M

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Yes you should make Halloween cards!!! That is just darling!!! I love your details. You did a fantastic job Lizzie!!!

IamDerby said...

This is wonderful!! I went and voted for you!!

Serendipity said...

Your card is GrEaT! Good luck in your endeavor!

~ Pam