Thursday, August 21, 2008

Graduation

A friend is graduating this weekend, but I have to be out of town (more on that in a minute) so I can't be there to congratulate her in person. I made this card today so Sean can give it to her on Sunday. She's really excited about graduating and we're both really happy for her, though we will miss her when she moves away.

It's a pretty simple card really. I just covered a chipboard rectangle with white paper and stamped it with a sentiment from It's A Celebration. The gray scalloped rectangle is hand cut with Fiskars mini scallop scissors. I did use my brand-spanking new Pure Poppy ink pad for my sentiment. The color is as nice as everybody says. I added a little sparkle with my glitter pen on the patterned paper. I should say that the color scheme was determined by the graduate's school. You can't graduate from The Ohio State University and not get a super scarlet and gray card.



Now, for my other news. I am going away for a few days and will likely not have the time or energy to check in here. My mom is undergoing surgery tomorrow, so I will be staying with her for a little while. I'm not even going to bother taking craft stuff with me. I will be home sometime early next week. Thanks for understanding...

Recipe:
Cardstock: white - Strathmore, red linen - Archivers, gray - Bazzill
Patterned Paper - DCWV
Stamps: It's A Celebration - Papertrey Ink
Ink: black pigment - Colorbox, Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink
Ribbon: velvet scalloped - Maya Road
Other: Rhinestones - Darice, Foam tape - 3M, Glitter pen - Sakura

No comments: