Saturday, January 10, 2009

Catching up

My absence was longer than I expected, and for that I apologize. I admit, it was nice to take some time away from blogging and photo taking. I spent the last few weeks focusing on my home and my family and making things for the people I love. I got a bread maker for Christmas from my parents-in-law and it has been awesome. My goal is to never buy a loaf of grocery store bread again. So far I have made 6 or 7 loaves. One was a sharp cheddar and onion loaf and the rest have been variations on the white bread theme. The cheddar and onion makes a mean grilled cheese!

We've had dinners with friends (Devon, your dessert and your ciabatta were awesome), evenings out on the town, and quiet nights alone at home. So far 2009 has been marked with cozy domesticity and I am particularly pleased about that. I'll be happy to get back into the swing of things shortly, but I may be a little spotty in my posting for a little while longer. I'm still relishing in the happy homey moments. Until next time, take care.

1 comment:

Mary I said...

Lizzie, don't ever feel guilty about neglecting your blog to live your life. Not everyone has the same time and drive to post every day. It should be fun and not something you feel obligated to do.

I'm glad things are going well for you and that you've been able to spend quality time with your family. That's what's really important in life.