Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Busy Beaver & An Announcement

I've been a busy little beaver the past few days and I haven't had time to sit down and craft, but I do have a project in reserve and some corresponding good news I'd like to share. One of my Guest Star Stamper submissions received an honorable mention from Nichole Heady! It's been a long day (well, week actually), and it was so nice to read that announcement when I settled in this evening.

The challenge was to create a sympathy card with last month's new release With Sympathy. I made a 4 1/4 square card matted with a layer of Kraft cardstock.



Before I adhered the Kraft to the base I stamped the flowers (I think these may be my favorite flowers in any set I've ever had...seriously) in Ripe Avocado and Frost White inks. The sentiment was also stamped in Ripe Avocado. Then, I masked the flowers with an oval made from a transparency sheet and stamped the pin dot from Polka Dot Basics over the entire layer in Versamark ink. I rounded the corners and sponged the edges with Ripe Avocado ink.

Then, I covered a Maya Road chipboard scalloped oval frame and covered it with Spring Moss cardstock. I cut around the shape and used an emery board to smooth the edges. The frame's edges were then sponged with Frost White ink.

I knew I wanted to add a delicate textile to the card so I took a length of sheer white ribbon and tied it with a knot. One end was secured under the chipboard frame and the other end was secured on the back of the Kraft layer before it was mounted to the white base. I used just a hint of glitter on the flower centers as a finishing touch.

I hope you've enjoyed today's card and announcement. Take care and I hope you'll visit again soon.

Recipe:
Cardstock: Kraft, Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink; Ultimate White - Strathmore
Stamps: With Sympathy, With Sympathy: Loss of a Child, Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink
Inks: Ripe Avocado - Papertrey Ink; Frost White - Colorbox; Versamark - Tsukineko
Embellishments: Scalloped Oval Chipboard Frame - Maya Road; Sheer White Ribbon - unknown
Tools: Medium Corner Rounder (green) - EK Success

No comments: