Friday, February 24, 2012

Little Man's Birthday Card

Hello, Blogland! This weekend is my nephew's first birthday and I thought I'd share his birthday card here (I'm pretty sure he doesn't read yet). We won't be able to get down to Tennessee to celebrate with him, but I think he'll know that we're all tickled pink for him up here in Ohio.


I started by die cutting the frog and lily pad images from Boy Basics: Frog Hop along with one of the Half & Half strips. Then, I stamped the pattern on my strip, leaving space for my sentiment. I stamped the lily pad image with watermark ink and the frog with Smoky Shadow. The frog got the colored pencil and mineral spirits treatment before all the bits and pieces were adhered to a Hawaiian Shores base (textured with the Canvas Impression Plate. The final touch was adding some google eyes. I'm not sure that a one year-old is really going to care much about his birthday card, but I hope the google eyes catch his attention for a moment or two.

A pretty simple card, but that's usually the way I like them. Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Enjoy your day!

Recipe:
Stamps: Everyday Classics (Anniversary Set), Half & Half, Boy Basics: Frog Hop - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Aqua Mist, Smoky Shadow - Papertrey Ink; Versamark - Tsukineko
Tools: Half & Half Dies, Frog Hop Dies, Linen & Canvas Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; circle dies - Quickutz
Other: Colored Pencils - Prismacolor; Foam Tape - Scotch; google eyes; mineral spirits

1 comment:

Randi said...

He'll love it! Can't believe he's a year old already!!