Monday, January 14, 2013

New Home Card

Good morning, Friends! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I've been called in for the jury pool this week, so I may not have as many projects to post. Alternatively, I could be online all darn day searching for beautiful artwork to share with you. So this week could be feast or famine. Only time will tell.

Either way, I do have a card to share with you today. We have friends that just bought their first house and we had dinner with them over the weekend. We took them a little housewarming gift and I thought it was appropriate to include a small card. It truly is a small card, too. It measures 3-1/2" x 4-7/8." The gift itself wasn't physically large, so I went with a smaller format card that wouldn't overpower the box.


I started by stamping the chevron pattern onto the Fabulous Frames die and adhering pinked "grass" behind the opening. Next, those were adhered to a white base that had been stamped and textured. Then I stamped the house and roof onto a Love Lives Here die shape and mounted that inside the frame with foam tape. I rounded the corners and called it good.

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope to see you again soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Love Lives Here, Scattered Showers, Fabulous Frames - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Simply Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink; Charcoal - Palette
Other: Fabulous Frames Die Collection, Love Lives Here Die Collection, Pinked Edge Border Die, Linen & Canvas Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers

No comments: