Friday, March 22, 2013

Ikat Birthday

Hello, Friends! Today I finished a huge project that had absorbed me for the past couple of weeks. The moment it was delivered I felt lighter. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my open afternoon...I wanted to stamp. So I dug around in my newer sets and pulled out a winner designed by Maile Belles (Irresistibly Ikat from Papertrey Ink).

I've been seeing ikat everywhere and while I probably wouldn't wear anything with this design (mostly because I don't think I could pull it off; I'm more of the solids type) it was a lot of fun to build a pattern with her beautifully illustrated stamps.


I started by stamping my pattern and added a scalloped border and sentiment tab before mounting it to an Aqua Mist card base. You can't really tell in the photo, but the yellow portions of the pattern are all embellished with ultra fine glitter. That's been one of my favorite things to do with patterns lately - add glitter for just a little bit of sparkle (it's flat and more easily mailed than things like pearls and rhinestones).

Thank you for  stopping by today and I hope you have a lovely weekend. Take care and I'll see you again soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Irresistibly Ikat - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Spring Moss, Ocean Tides - Papertrey Ink
Other: Small Scalloped Border Die - Papertrey Ink; corner rounder; foam tape - Scotch; Crystal ultra fine glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts

3 comments:

Joyce said...

This is just beautiful.

Randi said...

Love Ikat!

Cindy O said...

Beautiful card, Lizzie! The colors are lovely, and the Ikat design holds its own in a simple layout. Thanks for sharing it.