Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fancy Footwork - Day 4

Welcome back for Day 4 of November's Papertrey Ink Countdown! I've been absolutely loving the enthusiasm you folks have been sharing for Fancy Footwork over the past few days. Thank you so much for the warm reception! I have a couple of cards to share with you today, so let's get to it.

My first card uses the dance diagrams to create an all-over, monochromatic pattern. The images are relatively large, so the stamping process goes so quickly when covering a large space like this.


I began by stamping and heat embossing my footprints with VersaMark ink onto Winter Wisteria cardstock. I wrapped that piece with two widths of satin-edged sheer ribbon and adhered it to a white card base.


Next, I die cut a Photo Finishers shape from white cardstock and stamped my sentiment. I adhered that over the ribbon and embellished with a couple of custom-colored rhinestones.

My second card shows that you don't have to stamp a large area to get that great pop of pattern.


I started by die cutting a Mat Stack 1 shape from white cardstock and stamped the footprints with Berry Sorbet and Summer Sunrise inks. When I was finished stamping my steps, I die cut a circle from the center of the shape and mounted it to a Berry Sorbet card front that had been textured with the Sheet Music impression plate.


Next, I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment onto Summer Sunrise cardstock. That was then die cut and placed inside the negative in the Mat Stack shape. I also added an extra layer of foam tape really set the sentiment apart.

Two quick and simple cards for today. I hope you enjoyed them! Join me tomorrow for a couple of additional cards featuring Fancy Footwork. In the meantime, it's a group post day and the ladies have tons of wonderful inspiration to share. Check in with Nichole, Ashley, Betsy, Cristina, Danielle, Dawn, Erin, Heather, Laura, Maile, and Melissa for their contributions. Melissa Bickford is also sharing a few more peeks of her new sets for this month, so make sure to visit with her, too. See you tomorrow!

Recipes:
Swept Card
Stamps: Fancy Footwork (available November 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Winter Wisteria - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Gray Pigment - Studio G; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Photo Finishers Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Clear Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Marker - Copic; Small Rhinestones - Mark Richards; Medium Rhinestones - Darice; Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers; Sheer Ribbon

Cheerful Dance Card
Stamps: Fancy Footwork (available November 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Sheet Music Impression Plate, Mat Stack 1 Die - Papertrey Ink; White Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers

2 comments:

jintyoo7 said...

so cool - LOVE the colour combinations :)

Kathy Mc said...

Pretty fancy, my dear Lizzie! These are very cool. I especially like the monochromatic background. Not sure I could follow those footsteps though, can you?