Thursday, November 14, 2013

Fancy Footwork - Day 5

Good morning, everyone, and welcome back to this month's Papertrey Ink countdown! I have two more cards to share with you, so let's get started.

My first card features the tango images paired together along with the coordinating sentiment.


I began by stamping the women's dance steps in Pinefeather ink and the men's steps in Ocean Tides onto white cardstock. Then, I die cut a circle shape out of the panel to make way for the sentiment. I attached a strip of Pinefeather cardstock that had been cut with the Pinking Shears border die to the back of the tango panel and adhered the whole piece to a Soft Stone card base.


Next, I stamped the sentiment in Pinefeather and a decorative circle in Ocean Tides onto a white die cut circle. I mounted that with foam tape to the card base inside the negative die cut area of the tango strip. Simple and masculine. You could also switch up the colors to make the card more feminine or seasonally appropriate.

I wanted to show that you can use the sentiments independent of the dance diagrams, so that's what I set out to do with today's final card.


I began by die cutting the Wine Bottle Tag shape from white cardstock and stamping it with my sentiment. The "You" is separate and goes with both this sentiment and the "make me feel like dancing" sentiment. This is particularly handy in the event that you want to stamp your sentiment in multiple colors, as I have here. I used Sweet Blush and Dark Chocolate inks this time (the "you" is easier to see in real life, but I couldn't get it to read well in the photo - my apologies).


Next, I adhered the tag shape to a Kraft card front that I had textured with the Wrought Iron impression plate. Then, I die cut the Man & Wife shapes using Kraft, Sweet Blush, and white cardstocks. I assembled those and mounted them to my Wine Bottle Tag shape with foam adhesive. As a final touch, I added teeny, tiny dots of dimensional paint to the woman's hair to resemble pearls.

Alrighty, I'm all wrapped up for another countdown, but there's plenty more to see. It's a group post day, so NicholeAshleyBetsyCristinaDanielleDawnErinHeatherLauraMaile, and Melissa all have projects to share. Melissa Bickford is also sharing a few more peeks of her new sets, so make sure to visit with her, too. I'll see you all again soon!

Recipes:
Two To Tango Card
Stamps: Fancy Footwork (available November 15th), Framed Out #9 - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Soft Stone, Pinefeather - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Ocean Tides, Pinefeather - Papertrey Ink
Other: Pinking Shears Border Die - Papertrey Ink; Circle Dies - Quickutz; Foam Tape - Scotch

Swept Couple
Stamps: Fancy Footwork (available November 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Classic Kraft, Sweet Blush - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Sweet Blush, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Other: Man & Wife Die Collection, Wine Bottle Tag Die, Wrought Iron Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

4 comments:

Cindy O said...

Beautiful ideas for your new dance set. Love the gray with pinefeather card.

jintyoo7 said...

Wow, LOVE the "Swept" card - fantastic :)

Grace said...

Beautiful cards

Lindsey said...

Such a wonderful new set. I especially love the sentiments. The font combo is terrific and love how you've showcased that they work fantastically even without the darling footwork stamps. Your cards this week have been fantastic.