Monday, March 10, 2014

Introducing Putting Down Roots

Good morning, friends! Welcome to Papertrey Ink's March release countdown. I have a couple of things to introduce to you in the coming days. Today I get to share a brand new stamp set, Putting Down Roots (available March 15th)! This set includes mix 'n match houseplants and pots as well as a few handy sentiments for creating something thoughtful for a new neighbor or homeowner. How about we get to a few projects, eh?

My first project today uses one of the multi-step cacti as its focus.


I began by stamping a piece of white cardstock with the cactus in Simply Chartreuse and Ripe Avocado inks. Then I added the clouds from Up, Up, and Away using Spring Rain ink rolled around their edges. I stamped the sentiment, from Putting Down Roots, in my cloud bank using Dark Chocolate ink. Next I created sand dunes using the In The Meadow dies. I began by Xyroning a strip of Fine Linen and a strip of Classic Kraft cardstock (note: I added the adhesive to the FRONT of my cardstock strips).


I die cut my die shapes and removed the adhesive backing from my cut shapes and sprinkled them with sand for a realistic finish. I adhered them to the cactus panel with a combination of flat and foam adhesives and set that piece aside.


Next, I stamped my Spring Rain card front with the diamond pattern from Irresistible Ikat in Simply Chartreuse ink. I followed up by stamping the small dot from that set with VersaMark and heat embossed them with white detail powder. I textured the Spring Rain panel with the Linen & Canvas impression plate before adhering it to a white card base. I tied a twine bow around the card base and then mounted my cactus panel to my card front with foam tape. I wanted just a pop of extra color, so I stamped my rosette onto a scrap of white cardstock using Summer Sunrise and Canyon Clay inks. I hand trimmed it and added it to my cactus using foam adhesive.

My second card using Putting Down Roots is a very simple housewarming card for those instances when you're running out the door to a party (That never happens to anyone, right? Riiiiight...).


I began by stamping a Classic Kraft card base with polka dots using Fresh Snow ink. Then, I die cut a Half & Half shape and stamped it with one of the background strips from the coordinating set using Spring Moss ink. I adhered that piece to the Kraft card base and set it aside.


Next, I die cut a circle of white cardstock and stamped it with one of the plant images and sentiments from the set. Then, I die cut one of the pots and stamped it with the coordinating image that had been rock 'n roll inked using Canyon Clay and Terra Cotta Tile inks. I then mounted the circle and the pot to the card front with foam adhesive. Easy as pie!

I have one last card for you folks today. I wanted to play around with all of the different plants and pots on this one.


I began by stamping my plants and pots onto Rustic White cardstock using an assortment of inks. Then, I stamped my sentiment and layered the stamped panel with Limeade Ice cardstock before setting it aside.


I textured a panel of Tropical Teal cardstock with the Rustic Burlap Impression Plate and adhered it to a Rustic White card base. I wrapped the base with Aqua Mist saddle stitched ribbon and baker's twine before mounting the stamped plant panel with foam tape.

That's all I have for you today, but Nichole and Betsy are showcasing Putting Down Roots today, so make sure to check in with them. Dawn, Erin, Heather, and Melissa Phillips, Maile, and Melissa Bickford all have projects to share with you today. I hope to see you back here tomorrow! Have a great day!

Recipes:
Desert Neighborhood
Stamps: Putting Down Roots (available March 15th), Irresistible Ikat, Up, Up, and Away - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Spring Rain, Classic Kraft, Fine Linen - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate, Spring Rain, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Linen & Canvas Impression Plate, In The Meadow Die Collection, Rustic Jute Twine - Papertrey Ink; White Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; Sand

Happy Housewarming
Stamps: Putting Down Roots (available March 15th); Half & Half, Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Classic Kraft - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, Canyon Clay, Terra Cotta Tile, Fresh Snow, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Other: Putting Down Roots Die Collection (available March 15th), Half & Half Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Circle Die - Quickutz; Foam Tape - Scotch

New Home Congratulations
Stamps: Putting Down Roots (available March 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Tropical Teal, Limeade Ice, Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Pinefeather, New Leaf, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Other: Aqua Mist saddle stitched ribbon, Rustic Burlap Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Green Apple Baker's Twine - Divine Twine; Foam Tape - Scotch

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable set, Lizzie. The color combinations on your cards are always beyond amazing.

Elizabeth S. said...

Great cards!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your projects Lizzie what a fantastic set!

Nora Noll said...

This is the CUTEST set. I LOVE your cards!!

rebecca said...

Cute cards Lizzie! Love the set.

Kerian said...

Great cards, so fun

Jeni Jenne said...

Love the ikat set paired with Putting Down Roots!

Grace said...

Love the cards. They are so cute

jintyoo7 said...

Cute :0

Kelli B. said...

Love your cards...super cute!

Patt H. said...

Adorable cards! Love this stamp set!

see mary stamp said...

What a fun new set. Beautiful projects.

Anonymous said...

Great cards, Lizzie. Love them all, especially the last one. My favorite colors.

Sherry in MI