Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Color Play

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Papertrey Ink May Color Play feature! This month we have a color palette inspired by a delicate flower arrangement.


This month's inspiration photo is so full of incredible texture. I love the lacy appearance of the flowers against the strong dark gray of the background and vase. I wanted to try and incorporate that lacy quality in addition to playing with the color scheme. You'll have to tell me how I did.


I started by stamping my floral pattern onto a white card base. I stamped the vines in Limeade Ice first and then shadowed them with a second round of stamping in Simply Chartreuse. The floral dots were stamped in Lavender Moon and then stamped with the second generation for a bit of extra visual depth. Next, I die cut a Smoky Shadow card front with a Mat Stack 7 die (the middle size) and textured it with the Quatrefoil Cover Plate using the impression plate sandwich in my Cuttlebug.


Then, I stamped the word "Happy" with Smoky Shadow ink into the negative space in the Smoky Shadow layer and mounted that layer to the card base using foam tape. I die cut a Lavender Moon banner using the In Stitches die collection and stamped it with the "birthday" sentiment from Wet Paint. I adhered that to the card front with a combination of flat and foam adhesives to finish it off.

So how did I do? Good use of texture and the color palette? I hope you enjoyed this month's Color Play post! I also hope you'll play along and link up your project over on the Inspiration Archive on Nichole's blog. Thanks for stopping by today and I'll see you again soon. Have a great day!

Recipe:
Stamps: Embellished Elegance, Wet Paint - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Smoky Shadow, Lavender Moon - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Lavender Moon, Limeade Ice, Simply Chartreuse, Smoky Shadow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Quatrefoil Cover Plate, Mat Stack 7 Die Collection, In Stitches Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I love the colors - THAT'S WHERE I GOT THE CHARTREUSE!! Your card is gorgeous!

Michele F.

Unknown said...

You "did good"! I especially like the chartreuse and gray. The background of your card looks like leather.

karahoward said...

Your card is SO AMAZING!!!! The stamped part is so dainty and the embossed cover plate is a great background. I'm pinning it right now.

jintyoo7 said...

This is so pretty, love the sweet window of flowers ;)

Rachel S. said...

Love the card, you have the right balance of colors.