Tuesday, May 12, 2015

More Of A Second Helping Of Sunshine & The Text Block: Dad Die

Good morning, friends! Welcome back for Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink countdown! I have a few more projects to share with you featuring A Second Helping Of Sunshine and the Text Block: Dad die. Let's get to it!

Today's first card showcases the pears from A Second Helping Of Sunshine.

Quite A Pear Card

I bean by stamping the pears repeatedly on a white card base using a variety of inks. I used the Rock 'n Roll technique to give the pears a bit of dimension.

Quite A Pear Close Up

Next, I heat embossed the sentiment on a piece of Aqua Mist striped paper and added a Loop De Loop border for a bit of whimsy. I mounted that panel to the card base with foam tape to finish it off.

I have another pear card with an alternate sentiment for those of you that aren't as fond of puns.

Quite A Pair Card

I started this one by die cutting the Scene It: Skyscapes shapes, one from vellum and one from Lemon Tart cardstock. I sponged the vellum with Aqua Mist ink and layered the two together before adhering them to a white card base. I added "rays" of glitter and set the card aside.

Quite A Pair Close Up

Then, I die cut the bowl and pear shapes and stamped them with the coordinating images. I added a Berry Sorbet heart to the bowl and embellished it with glitter. Next, I die cut the banner and stamped the sentiment in Dark Chocolate. I adhered that to the card front with foam tape and layered the bowl of pears in the center of the sunburst.

One last Father's Day card for today. This one featuring the Text Block: Dad die.

Baseball Dad Card

I started by die cutting a handful of 1 3/4" circles from white cardstock. I stamped them with the baseball stitching lines from 7th Inning Stretch and adhered them to a Spring Rain card front. I trimmed off the excess and textured the whole piece with the Linen & Canvas impression plate. Then, I adhered that panel to a white card base and set it aside.

Baseball Dad Close Up

Next, I Xyroned a piece of Enchanted Evening cardstock and die cut it with the Text Block: Dad die. I backed that shape with vellum and adhered it to the card base at an angle. Then, I die cut the baseball bat shape and stamped it with the coordinating image (first inked with Fine Linen and sponged with Classic Kraft for dimension). I mounted the bat to the card front with foam tape and called it good.

Thank you for joining me today! I'll be back tomorrow with more of this month's release, but in the meantime you'll definitely want to check in with Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Laura, Laurie, MaileMelissa, Erin, and Lexi for even more inspiration. I'll see you again soon!

Recipes:
Quite A Pear Card
Stamps: A Second Helping Of Sunshine, Bowl Of Sunshine - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist Stripe Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Limeade Ice, Simply Chartreuse, Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Aqua Mist, Canyon Clay, Terra Cotta Tile, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, Spring Rain, Winter Wisteria - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Loop De Loop Border Die - Papertrey Ink; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch

Quite A Pair Card
Stamps: A Second Helping Of Sunshine - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Lemon Tart, Berry Sorbet, Sheer Basics Swiss Dot Vellum - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Aqua Mist, Limeade Ice, Simply Chartreuse, Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado - Papertrey Ink
Other: A Second Helping Of Sunshine Die, Tag Sale #10, Scene It: Skyscapes Die Collection; Love Lives Here Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Fine Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Glue Pen

Baseball Dad Card
Stamps: 7th Inning Stretch - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain, Vellum - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Pure Poppy, Fine Linen, Classic Kraft - Papertrey Ink
Other:Text Block: Dad Die, 7th Inning Stretch Die, Linen & Canvas Impression Plate, Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Circle Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Xyron

8 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Love your first card with all the pretty bowls of fruit!

Aunt Min said...

LOVE the baseballs! So awesome!

Geri said...

Wow! Beautiful cards today, Lexi! Your stamping on that first one looks amazing!!!

Grace said...

Beautiful cards

Grace said...

Beautiful cards

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS CARDS!!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Diana K said...

Really brilliant cards today, Lizzie. I love all the different varieties of pears that you stamped in the first one and the baseball one is just too much fun.

Kathy Krug said...

Love all the baseballs that you used behind the cover plate and the cute bat. Great guy card.