Monday, June 15, 2015

Moments Inked: Fitness Planning



Good morning, friends! It's my week to share my recent adventures in planning, so I'm going to show you how I've been using my Papertrey Ink Moments Inked planner to track my fitness progress as of late.

Last summer, I followed a 5k training program that I really liked, but I fell off the wagon once the program was finished. I realize now that was due to a handful of reasons that, honestly, I shouldn't have let hold me back. So this summer I decided to go ahead and follow the same program again, this time with the intention of continuing after it's complete. I thought I might be able to summon a bit more enthusiasm if I could see my progress in black and white right there in my planner. Fingers crossed!

Weekly Tabs

The program I'm following spans eight weeks, so I die cut a Tabbed List for each week and stamped them with the lines from the Moments Inked: Listed stamp set. The labels were color coded for the months in which they fall and then stamped with the Moments Inked: Remembered and Get Lost stamp sets.

Week 3 Tab

I stamped the date and notes sentiments on each tab, breaking the lines down into three or four days as the week required.

Week 5 Close Up

That gave me space to take notes about each run including distances, weather, pace, and any relevant details. I had originally planned to write in weight fluctuations as well, but I'll be darned if I'm broadcasting my weight all over the internet. You're already getting to see that I'm as slow as a heard of turtles wading through peanut butter. No need to give away all of my secrets at once. That said, you could certainly add that information should you find it helpful.

Week 6 Tab

I filled out the basics for each day when I made the tabs so now it's a cinch to go back and write in the additional information after each run.

Coming Races Insert

My end goal is to be speedy enough to participate in our town's annual Turkey Trot in November. Thanks to the hilly terrain, Granville is full of cross country phenoms, so it's going to take a lot of practice on my part. I thought it might be a good idea to make a list of upcoming 5k races in the area to give me some additional opportunities to challenge myself. I used one of the Basic Pages dies along with the Fresh Alphabet, Journal Accessories stamps, and Moments Inked: Listed stamps to create this insert of upcoming races. This way I can jot down the pertinent information about races I'm interested in running in the future.

Fitness Pocket

I also created a "Fitness" pocket to corral any registration paperwork, race promos, or results I pick up along the way. I thought this sentiment from Pedal Pusher was a particularly inspiring embellishment for the pocket. It's a nice reminder that while the work might be hard, it's also taking me where I want to go. Sometimes a girl needs that sort of encouragement.

That's my Moments Inked contribution for this week. I hope you've found something useful in today's post. Have a wonderful week and I'll see you again soon!



Recipes:
Weekly Tabs
Stamps: Moments Inked: Listed, Moments Inked: Remembered, Get Lost - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Fresh Snow Linen, White Adhesive Sheets - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Orange Zest, Simply Chartreuse, Ocean Tides, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, Winter Wisteria, Ripe Avocado, Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Tabbed List Die - Papertrey Ink

Coming Races Insert
Stamps: Fresh Alphabet, Moments Inked: Listed, Journal Accessories - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Fresh Snow Linen
Ink: Orange Zest, Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet - Papertrey Ink
Other: Moments Inked: Basic Pages Die - Papertrey Ink

Fitness Pocket
Stamps: Moments Inked: Divided, Pedal Pusher - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Berry Sorbet Polka Dot Paper, Fresh Snow Linen, Aqua Mist, White Adhesive Sheets - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Orange Zest, Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Moments Inked: Divided Die, Moments Inked: Pocket Page Die - Papertrey Ink; Scortape

5 comments:

Suzanne Russell said...

Thanks, Lizzie! What a great idea to help stay on track for better fitness. I had never noticed the sentiment from Pedal Pushers before...words I needed to hear!

Barbara said...

Planners make great tools to track all kinds of stuff! Love way you designed your weekly set up for that topic goal. Well if we don't start somewhere and nudge our selfs along we will never be able to swim out of peanut butter. (Your turtle comment made my day....priceless!!)

Anonymous said...

I snorted out loud when I read your "herd of turtles wading through peanut butter" comment! We must "run" at the same pace because I can really relate!

Aunt Min said...

You have set great goals for yourself in a pretty package! I like the sentiment from Pedal Pusher also. I hadn't noticed that. I wish there was an inexpensive "Exercise Encouragement" Sentiment set.

Unknown said...

You go girl!