Sunday, June 14, 2015

Papertrey Ink June Countdown - Day 5

Good morning, friends! Welcome back for Day 5 of the Papertrey Ink new release countdown. It's been a fun ride this month, hasn't it? Thank you all so much for your enthusiasm for these new products the past few days. I truly hope you'll love creating with them. Well, I have a couple of final projects to share with you featuring the Text Block: Horizontal Birthday die, Balloon Strings die, and Hooray stamps and papers, so let's get to it!

My first project is a birthday card bursting with glittery gold accents.

Birthday Balloon Bouquet Card

I love pinks paired with gold, so I began by die cutting a trio of balloons from Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, and Melon Berry cardstocks. I'm also quite fond of the balloons you often see filled with confetti, so I heat embossed my little cardstock version with the confetti from Good Times using gold powder and set them aside for a moment. Next, I embossed my sentiment onto a Cover Plate: Blue Skies panel that I'd die cut from Linen Vellum. Then, I adhered that panel to a Spring Rain patterned paper card front using vellum tape.

Birthday Balloon Bouquet Close Up

The balloon strings die includes three individual strings as well as the bundle shown here and a bow. I adhered my balloon string bundle to the card front and then attached my balloons into place using foam tape. I opted for a crochet thread bow tying my balloons together on this card for a bit of added texture. I finished the card off with a handful of the glittery gold enamel dots from last month's Garden Gild Make It Market Mini Kit. Cute!

My final card today pairs my new Text Block: Horizontal Birthday die with one of my favorite older birthday sets, Wishes Come True.

Birthday Candle Wish Card
I began by stamping a row of overlapping outline candles onto a Berry Sorbet card base using the matching ink. Then, I wrapped the card in some white crochet thread and tied it in a simple bow. Next, I die cut and stamped one single candle using Summer Sunrise and Lemon Tart inks and set it aside.

Birthday Candle Wish Close Up

Then, I xyroned three pieces of white cardstock (one on both sides) and die cut them with the new Text Block die. I layered the three pieces, making sure that the double sided piece was on top. I removed the adhesive backing and placed the candle before sprinkling the whole thing with glitter. Next, I trimmed a bit of Hooray patterned paper and adhered it to the back of the Text Block piece. I adhered that panel to the card front using foam adhesive and then added rhinestones for the dots of my "i"s for good measure. It's such a cheerful card, don't you think?

Alrighty then, friends. That's all for me this month. Thank you so much for following along these past few days. Make sure to check in with Nichole, Amy, Ashley, BetsyDawn, Heather, Laura, Laurie, Maile, Melissa, Erin, and Lexi for another fabulous day full of inspiration. I'll see you again very soon!

Recipes:
Birthday Balloon Bundle Card
Stamps: Hooray (available June 15th), Good Times (available June 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, Melon Berry, Spring Rain Bitty Dot, Linen Vellum - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Balloon Strings Die (available June 15th), Cover Plate: Blue Skies, Balloon Bash Die, Garden Gild Enamel Dots - Papertrey Ink; Gold Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape, Vellum Tape - Scotch; White Crochet Thread

Birthday Wish Candle Card
Stamps: Wishes Come True - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Hooray Paper Collection (available June 15th), Berry Sorbet - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart - Papertrey Ink
Other: Text Block: Horizontal Birthday Die (available June 15th), Wishes Come True Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; White Crochet Thread; Xyron; Rhinestones (colored to match with a Copic)

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Great cards, love those balloons and streamers!

Nancy said...

Forgot to say how much I love the cover plate, it's "fab"!

Cindy O said...

Love your glittery text block card!

Kathy Krug said...

Fun and fabulous birthday creations.