Saturday, May 14, 2016

NEW! Make It Market Mini Kit: Sunshine & Rainbows

Good morning, friends, and welcome back to today's Papertrey Ink countdown group post! Today we're showcasing Betsy Veldman's new Make It Market Mini Kit: Sunshine & Rainbows. Rainbows are one of the most cheerful parts of life. I don't know anyone who can frown while in the presence of a rainbow. It's simply unheard of!

Sunshine & Rainbows Cards

And just like real-life rainbows, this kit is sure to bring a great, big smile to your face. I paired the stamps and stencils with old and new products alike today to show you just how much you can do with this delightful new kit. Let's get to the projects!

My first card uses the kit with Erin Lincoln's new Colorful Words set.

Rainbow After The Storm Card

I began by sponging the rainbow using Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Green Parakeet, and Blueberry Sky inks. The stencils Betsy has designed make this so easy! She's split the rainbow stripes into two parts which makes it a snap to add color only in the areas you want it. Next, I stamped the sentiment from Colorful Words. I filled the open areas of the sentiment with a glue pen and embellished with glitter.

Rainbow After The Storm Close Up

Then, I used the stencils to apply embossing paste to the clouds. I love the texture it added! One set of clouds was added directly to the card front, the other set I applied to a piece of scrap paper, and both were sprinkled with glitter. Once the clouds on the scrap paper were dry, I trimmed them out and attached them to the card front with foam tape. I finished off the card by stamping a handful of raindrops and adding a few iridescent sequins, both from the mini kit.

Next up, I have a softer rainbow that I paired with a sentiment from an older favorite set.

Shine Like The Sun Card

I began by creating the heart burst panel. I did a good bit of masking to be able to sponge all of the different colors, but I think the end result is worth it. You could always get a similar look with colored pencils though if you wanted to avoid the masking (markers bled a bit though, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend those). I die cut that panel with the Sentiment Splits: Curve Vertical Die and added the sentiment from Choose Joy. Isn't that just perfect?!

Shine Like The Sun Close Up

I added super thin mats of white adhesive paper behind the top and bottom edges of the heart panel and applied glitter to the sticky edges. It's a nice, subtle touch. Next, I sponged the same heart burst design on a Stormy Sea card base using the matching ink. I mounted the heart burst panel to the card base with foam tape and added a sprinkling of sequins from the kit.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to visit Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, Danielle, Dawn, Heather, Kay, Laurie, and Melissa for more of this wonderful new kit. Erin and Maile are also sharing more of their new designs, so make sure to visit them, too! I'll see you again tomorrow for the wrap up for this month's release.

Recipes:
Rainbow After The Storm Card
Stamps: Sunshine & Rainbows Mini, Colorful Words - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Green Parakeet, Blueberry Sky, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; Onyx Black - VersaFine
Other: Sunshine & Rainbows Stencils, Sunshine & Rainbows Sequins - Papertrey Ink; Embossing Paste - Wendy Vecchi; Sugar Cube Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch

Shine Like The Sun Card
Stamps: Choose Joy - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Stormy Sea, Adhesive Sheets - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Lemon Tart, Melon Berry, Sweet Blush, Mint Julep, Aqua Mist, Winter Wisteria, Stormy Sea - Papertrey Ink
Other: Sunshine & Rainbows Stencils, Sunshine & Rainbows Sequins, Sentiment Splits: Curve Vertical Die - Papertrey Ink; Sugar Cube Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch

4 comments:

Kris said...

Your kindness card is my favorite of the whole release...really spoke to my heart today...beautifully crafted!

TLady said...

OH, I LOVE what you have done Lizzie! Your changing/adding an "old" sentiment & just the OVER-ALL BEAUTY of BOTH of your cards is GREAT!!!! Different from the ordinary! Your first card is WONDERFULLY DONE too, with all the attention to detail....LOVE the modeling paste! ;)

Sandy M said...

What can I say. Your last card is spectacular. What a wonderful design and color choices. And your use of the embossing paste for the clouds was ingenuous. Both cards are awesome.

Colleen said...

Both are great but I really like the second one, the gray really sets off the pretty colors of the sunburst