Friday, October 14, 2016

Introducing NEW! Mini Kit: Holiday Hugs

Good morning and welcome back to Day 5 of the Papertrey Ink October countdown! I'm always looking for fabulous new ways to dress up treat packages and gift cards. Betsy's new Make It Market Mini Kit: Holiday Hugs is a super charming option for doing just that! I can see Santa Claus and Frosty bringing festive cheer to my family and friends all through the holiday season, can't you?

Frosty Pillow Box

I began by die cutting a pillow box from white cardstock and sponging around the edges lightly with Spring Rain ink. I stamped the What The Doodle: Snowflakes onto the box with more Spring Rain before adding the Christmas Cuts sentiment in Dark Indigo. I set the pillow box aside while I worked on the other details.

Frosty Pillow Box Close Up

I die cut the snowman body and arms from white cardstock and stamped them with the coordinating images in Deep Indigo and Spring Rain inks.

Frosty Pillow Box Open Arms Close Up

I assembled those pieces with super strong adhesive (Scor-tape is my preference) and adhered them to the back of the pillow box, wrapping the arms around the sentiment. I used a small piece of velcro to keep the arms closed and embellished the top hand with a heart die cut that I'd sponged with Autumn Rose and Scarlet Jewel inks.

Frosty Pillow Box Arms Detail

The hat was the last piece of the puzzle. I stamped the stocking cap in Autumn Rose ink and added the zig-zag pattern with Scarlet Jewel and the stencil included in the kit. I trimmed out one of the pre-printed hat cuffs from the patterned paper before sending it through the xyron and covering it with white flocking. I attached the cuff to the cap with foam tape and added a white pom-pom to the top.

Frosty Pillow Box Open Arms

I stamped the holly berries in Pale Peony and the leaves with Ocean Tides and Pinefeather. I trimmed those out and used them to embellish the cap, attaching them with flat and foam adhesives. Isn't he just the cutest?

Next up I have a little treat box I created with one of the Christmas Cuts sentiments and Betsy's Sweet Holiday Wishes set.

Sweet Holiday Treats Box

I began by stamping patterned paper using the sugar cookies in Betsy's set. I used Fine Linen, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Pale Peony, and Green Parakeet inks. I die cut the paper with the Gable Box die and assembled as normal. Next, I stamped and die cut the "Sweet" sentiment from Sweet Holiday Wishes using Pale Peony and Pure Poppy inks.

Sweet Holiday Treats Box Close Up

I stamped the sentiment from Christmas cuts onto a vellum banner and heat embossed with clear powder. I layered that banner with a second banner cut from Linen Vellum and attached them to the front of the box. The "Sweet" was then added with foam tape. I embellished the handle with Pure Poppy Saddle Stitch ribbon, a Berry Sorbet button, and a bit of green baker's twine. This box couldn't be sweeter!

Well that's all for me today, folks. Nichole, AmyAshley, Betsy, Danielle, Heather, Kay, Laurie, and Melissa are all sharing more of the Holiday Hugs kit and Erin has a thing or two up her sleeve to share, too. Make sure to visit all of them and I'll see you back here again tomorrow for this month's Release In Review. Have a great day!

Recipes:
Frosty Pillow Box
Stamps: Make It Market Mini Kit: Holiday Hugs, Christmas Cuts, What The Doodle: Snowflake - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Spring Rain, Dark Indigo, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, Ocean Tides, Pinefeather - Papertrey Ink
Other: Huggable Die, Essential Pillow Box Die, Heart-2-Heart #3 Die - Papertrey Ink; Pom pom - Darice; Foam Tape - Scotch; White Flocking - Stampendous; Velcro

Sweet Holiday Treats Treat Box
Stamps: Sweet Holiday Wishes, Christmas Cuts - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Vellum, Linen Vellum - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Fine Linen, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Pale Peony, Green Parakeet, New Leaf - Papertrey Ink
Other: Sweet Holiday Wishes Die, Get A Handle On It Die Collection, Sketched Shapes Die, Gable Box Die, Pure Poppy Saddle Stitch Ribbon, Berry Sorbet Button - Papertrey Ink; Green Apple Baker's Twine - Divine Twine; Clear Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch

2 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Perfect gift box for Xmas cookie giving!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful love the tags!!