Thursday, May 18, 2017

More Papertrey Ink May Release: Heart & Sole

Good morning and welcome back for another fun-filled day of inspiration using the May Papertrey Ink release! Today I'm sharing a project made with Betsy Veldman's new Heart & Sole set. I absolutely love this set and had so much fun creating with it. I even based the colors of this card off of my own running shoes!

Single Step Card

I began by stamping the sole of the athletic shoe onto white cardstock using Dark Indigo, Limeade Ice, and Terra Cotta Tile inks. Then I stamped the word "step" over top of the Limeade Ice section using Simply Chartreuse ink. You could go with one element or the other in this section, but I liked the way the two looked when they overlapped.

Single Step Card 2

Next, I stamped the rest of the sentiment in Terra Cotta Tile ink. I stitched the white panel to a Terra Cotta Tile mat. Then, I added texture to the Dark Indigo card front with the Sunrise Impressions 2 Impression Plate.

Single Step Card 3

To finish it up, I simply adhered the feature panel to card front with foam tape. I like the simplicity and I love that it's a versatile enough design that it could work for anyone. You could even tailor the note of encouragement to your recipient by using their sneakers as inspiration for the color scheme!

Thank you for joining me! Make sure to pop over to Nichole's blog to see what other fresh inspiration she has in store. I'll see you again tomorrow!

Supplies:

No comments: