Thursday, December 28, 2017

Throwback Thursday: Phrase Play #9

Good morning, friends! I hope you're having a wonderful week! I'm popping in today to share a Papertrey Ink Throwback Thursday project. I’m not quite ready to put away my wintery stamp sets yet, so today’s Phrase Play #9 Throwback Thursday came at just the right time. This great die and the handy coordinating fill-in sentiments make sending warm winter wishes a snap!

Winter Greetings Card

So to start today's project, I sponged a white panel of cardstock with Spring Rain ink. Then, I stamped it with Fair Isle Borders using the same color. Next, I used the Mix & Mat: Scallops to cut that panel into a frame.

Winter Greetings Card 2

Then, I cut the stitched frame from Mix & Mat: Scallops and the insert from Mix & Mat: Berry Boughs from a Dark Indigo panel. I heat embossed the Phrase Play #9 sentiment in silver and then backed that panel with Self Adhesive paper. I sprinkled glitter on the exposed sticky bits to give the circles a snowy appearance and adhered the Fair Isle frame over the top of the Dark Indigo panel and set it aside.

Winter Greetings Card 3

Then, I die cut the "winter" banner from xyroned white cardstock and Luxe Silver paper. I inlaid the silver letters into the white banner and sprinkled glitter over the sticky white surface. I also die cut the snowflake from vellum. I adhered the snowflake to the card front (hiding the adhesive under a silver pearl) and used foam tape to add the banner over everything. I love how frosty and sparkly this card turned out!

Thank you so much for joining me today! Have a fantastic weekend and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies:

No comments: