Sunday, March 11, 2018

Introducing Butterfly Blooms & A Bit More: Butterfly Blooms

Good morning, friends! It's Day 2 of the Papertrey Ink March countdown and today I'm sharing a project made with Heather's new sets, Butterfly Blooms and A Bit More: Butterfly Blooms. The butterflies in these sets are gorgeously detailed and would look beautiful colored or simply embossed like I have. How about a closer look?

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_March2018_ButterflyBlooms_Mothers_Day_Card_1

I heat embossed the butterflies from both sets using white powder on vellum. I die cut the larger butterfly and hand cut the smaller butterfly before setting them aside to work on the front panel.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_March2018_ButterflyBlooms_Mothers_Day_Card_2

I stamped a collage of flowers and leaves (from both sets) in a strip across a white panel. I stamped my sentiment in Smokey Shadow before adhering that panel to an Aqua Mist card base.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_March2018_ButterflyBlooms_Mothers_Day_Card_3

I embellished the centers of the open flowers with clear glitter before adding the butterflies with foam tape. The tape is concealed under the embossing of the butterfly bodies, so I don't have to worry about the adhesive being visible.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to check in with AmyBetsy, Heather, Laurie, Melissa BMelissa P, MichelleStephanie, and Lexi to see more of this month's release!

Supplies:
Happy Mother's Day Card

7 comments:

jan metcalf said...

The butterflies are pretty with white emboss on vellum! Sweet.

nancy said...

Your card is so pretty, Lizzie. Thank you for showing both sizes of the butterflies on the same card, so helpful.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! I'll keep this short and sweet for a change. I LOVE your design!! So pretty and delicate! :)

KathyMcc said...

Lizzie, I am in love with your Mother's Day card! The white embossed butterflies are so pretty with that beautiful background of flowers!! Any mother would love getting that card on Mother's Day!!

Kathy Mc said...

So soft and subtle, Lizzie, but stunning with the vellum embossed butterflies!

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous card!!!!

Luvpurple said...

Oh, Fizzie! Lovely, lovely card! So springy!