Saturday, March 10, 2018

Introducing Vogue Vases, Simple Stems, and Ink It In

Good morning, friends, and welcome to Papertrey Ink's March new release countdown! We have so many fun things coming your way this month! Today we're kicking things off with my Simple Stems and Vogue Vases sets and Lexi Daly's Ink It In collection. How about we get started?

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_March2018_SimpleStems_VogueVases_Thanks_Card_1

My sets are designed to work together or independently (the vases are sure to be useful with the many flower sets we all have on hand already). I've paired them together today, but I'll be sharing more with both of these sets in the next few days.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_March2018_SimpleStems_VogueVases_Thanks_Card_2

For this card, I arranged a vase full of Simple Stems flowers onto a Shape Shifters: Oval die cut that I'd sponged with Harvest Gold ink. I die cut a banner and sponged it with Aqua Mist ink before stamping it with a sentiment from Simple Stems on the top piece.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_March2018_SimpleStems_VogueVases_Thanks_Card_3

I attached the ends of the top banner to the back piece with flat adhesive and then added a bit of foam tape in the center, giving a touch of dimension. I adhered the banner over the vase and that whole focal panel was mounted to a card base that I'd covered with Bitty Big: Pale Peony paper. I love the warm glow I achieved with the background blending. Ink blending is one of my absolute favorite techniques!

Next up, I have a card to share featuring Lexi's new Ink It In collection. There is one main set and two minis in this collection. All have a hand-drawn elements feel that is so charming.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_March2018_InkItIn_Thank_You_Card_1

I created a little notebook using the Ink It In: Notebook mini and stamped it with a sentiment from Ink It In and the little arrows from Ink It In: Quoted.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_March2018_InkItIn_Thank_You_Card_2

I embellished the notebook with flowers from last month's Corner Adorner and a silver coil die cut using the Loop De Loop Border Die. The pen, from Ink It In, was stamped in Dark Indigo and Pale Peony inks. I used the Luxe Silver Adhesive sheets to give the clip and nib a little extra metallic flair.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_March2018_InkItIn_Thank_You_Card_3

I stitched a panel of vellum over a Bitty Big: Mint Julep card front to soften the pattern before adhering all of my elements into place. I used flat and foam adhesives to make sure there was plenty of dimension.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to check in on Betsy (who will be showcasing Vogue Vases and Simple Stems), Heather, Laurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, Michelle, Stephanie, and Lexi to see more inspiration using today's features! I'll see you again tomorrow!

Supplies:
Thanks Card


Thank You Card

6 comments:

Cindy O said...

Love your cards today and especially that little detail of your Loop de Loop coil on the notebook page!

Linda Sodano said...

Beautiful projects today Lizzie!
I love your new Vogue Vases and Simple Stems!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Congratulations on your new stamp sets, I LOVE them both. I've been working on some cards using stemmed sentiment florals and the pint jar. So your designs are right up my creative alley. And a postscript, I really like the newest frames. Beautiful cards Lizzie, along with your color palette. :)

nancy said...

I'm really enjoying what I've been seeing of Vogue Vases. It's a great complement to all of the floral sets that PTI sells.

Stephanie Clapper said...

P.S. Sorry Lizzie, I meant to comment on your notebook card. It's my favorite because it isn't school or teacher related. Instead, it's a very pretty thank you note. :)

Kathy Mc said...

Lizzie, you rocked it with your new Stems and Vases! Your Inj It Card is also very cute. Do you use a special thread and/or needle when stitching on cardstock or vellum? I love the look but have yet to try it myself.