Thursday, April 12, 2018

Introducing Butterfly Folk & Botanical Bounty

Good morning, friends, and welcome back for Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink countdown! I'm back today showcasing sets from Betsy Veldman, Jennifer Campbell, and a die from yours truly (my latest Bold Borders). I'm in love with Betsy's Butterfly Folk sets and Jennifer's Botanical Bounty. If you loved Jennifer's contribution to this year's anniversary set (Mixed Bouquet) you're absolutely going to be giddy over her newest set. Well, enough yammering...let's see these sets in action!

Let's kick things off today with Betsy's Butterfly Folk sets. These sets can be used independently or you can layer them to create more detailed designs. I chose to layer the two together today, using Copic coloring and glitter embossing powder to give the large butterfly a bit of interest.

LizzieJones_April2018_PapertreyInk_ButterflyFolk_CongratulationsCard

I started by stamping the biggest butterfly from the set in black ink onto white cardstock. I went back in with Copic markers to add color to the detailed design. I set that aside to let it dry completely (the completely part is key) while I stamped the small florals and flourishes onto a Hawaiian Shores card base using the matching ink.

LizzieJones_April2018_PapertreyInk_ButterflyFolk_CongratulationsCard2

Then, I heat embossed the sentiment from Sentiment Staples: Congratulations onto the card base using white powder. Once my butterfly was completely dry, I heat embossed the Butterfly Folk Outline image over top of the stamped and colored butterfly. I used glitter embossing powder to give the design a subtle touch of sparkle.

LizzieJones_April2018_PapertreyInk_ButterflyFolk_CongratulationsCard4

Next, I masked the entire butterfly and sponged Hawaiian Shores ink over the surface. I added some matching splatters before removing the mask and then die cut the panel with a Round Off Edgers die. Then, I partially die cut the butterfly's wings, leaving the body in tact, so I could lift the wings.

LizzieJones_April2018_PapertreyInk_ButterflyFolk_CongratulationsCard3

I embellished the bottom edge of the butterfly panel with a scalloped Summer Sunrise layer and then attached that panel to the front of the card. I gently lifted the wings and curled them a bit so they would add dimension and texture to the card front. I love the way the outlined image sparkles!

Lastly today, I've paired Jennifer Campbell's Botanical Bounty set with my Bold Borders: Flare die. I love how the soft, watercolored edges of the florals complement the straight, geometrical style of the border die!

LizzieJones_April2018_PapertreyInk_BotanicalBounty_BoldBorders_HappyWeddingDayCard

I began by sponging Aqua Mist ink lightly onto a white card base. I layered that with a Bold Borders: Flare die cut so the light blending peeked through the openings in the frame. The sponging creates a very subtle contrast that I absolutely love!

LizzieJones_April2018_PapertreyInk_BotanicalBounty_BoldBorders_HappyWeddingDayCard2

Next, I stamped and die cut several of the flora from the Botanical Bounty set and played around with the blooms until I settled on my final arrangement, finally affixing them to the card front with a mix of flat and foam adhesives.

LizzieJones_April2018_PapertreyInk_BotanicalBounty_BoldBorders_HappyWeddingDayCard3

I also die cut the word "happy" (which comes nested inside the Bold Borders die) and layered three of those die cuts together for dimension. The top shape was die cut from White Shimmer paper to give the card a hint of elegance. I also stamped the phrase "Wedding Day" onto the card front using Aqua Mist ink. The Happy die is perfect for starting a wide array of phrases for your cards. Birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...the list goes on!

I hope you've enjoyed today's projects! I'll be back tomorrow with more of this month's release. In the meantime, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Keeway, Laurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, Michelle, and Stephanie for more inspiration today! See you soon!

Supplies:
Butterfly Congratulations Card

Happy Wedding Day Card

3 comments:

merryf said...

these are both beautiful. I love the peek of Hawaiian Shores underneath the butterfly's wings -- that's a great look. Thank you for the inspiration today!

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous cards!!!!! Wow!!!!

Andre M. said...

Lovely cards. The butterfly design is just so pretty. Love the frame and florals.