Saturday, May 12, 2018

Introducing Forest Floor: Summer, Cover Up: Hexagons, and Seasonal Borders: Summer

Good morning and welcome back for Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink May countdown! The team is back today introducing Dawn's Cover Up: Hexagons, Betsy's Seasonal Borders: Summer, and my Forest Floor: Summer stamp sets. I have three projects to share with you, so let's get to it!

My first card today uses Cover Up: Hexagons with Forest Floor: Summer. I've also got a peek at Betsy's newest Noted: Pinked Edge A2 die collection in here as well.

LizzieJones_May2018_ForestFloorSummer_PapertreyInk_CelebrateTheSimpleThingsCard

I began by die cutting a pinked edge layer from Spring Rain cardstock and masking the edges with post it tape. Then, I sponged some Spring Rain ink to define the edges a bit and stamped the Cover Up: Hexagons in the matching ink.

LizzieJones_May2018_ForestFloorSummer_PapertreyInk_CelebrateTheSimpleThingsCard3

Next, I stamped the Queen Anne's Lace stems in Olive Twist and heat embossed the bloom bits with white detail embossing powder. I stamped the sentiment using Dark Indigo before removing the masks and tying a white crochet thread bow around the layer.

LizzieJones_May2018_ForestFloorSummer_PapertreyInk_CelebrateTheSimpleThingsCard2

I adhered a piece of striped Bitty Big: Olive Twist patterned paper to a Dark Indigo card base before adhering the focal panel with foam tape. I love how the bright white blooms pop against the pale blue background.

Next up, I have a card using the strawberries from Forest Floor: Summer. We have these tiny strawberries in our yard during the summer and they make me smile from the moment they start popping up all over the place. I couldn't help but turn them into a stamp!

LizzieJones_May2018_ForestFloorSummer_PapertreyInk_HelloCard

I began by stamping and die cutting the strawberry stem onto Rustic White cardstock. I used Melon Berry and Berry Sorbet to get the gradient of color on the berry and then used Pure Poppy to add the seeds. You could also heat emboss the seeds with a contrasting powder if you wanted them to be lighter.

LizzieJones_May2018_ForestFloorSummer_PapertreyInk_HelloCard3

I stamped the leafy stem onto a Rustic White panel that I had cut with a Noted: Simply Stitched rectangle. I followed up with the frame stamped in True Black and a sentiment from Pitter Patterns stamped in Pure Poppy. I matted that layer with a piece of Harvest Gold cardstock and set it aside for a moment.

LizzieJones_May2018_ForestFloorSummer_PapertreyInk_HelloCard2

Next, I stamped a Noted: Pinked Edge card base with the Background Basics: Super Gingham in Pure Poppy. I adhered the sentiment panel and tied a Rustic Jute Twine bow around the card base. Then, I attached the strawberry stem to the card front with foam tape. The card still needed a little something, so I stamped and die cut the little ladybug from Forest Floor: Summer and added her to the strawberry leaf with foam tape. I'm smitten!

And last, but certainly not least, is Betsy's new Seasonal Borders: Summer stamp set. This one features a beautiful array of tropical leaves and flowers that you're going to love!

LizzieJones_May2018_SeasonalBordersSummer_PapertreyInk_WelcomeToTheNeighborhoodTag

I began by sponging Hawaiian Shores ink onto an Aqua Mist Monthly Moments Journal Card 6 die cut. Once my sponging was done I added a few splatters for texture and heat embossed a sentiment from Sentiment Staples: Welcome with white powder.

LizzieJones_May2018_SeasonalBordersSummer_PapertreyInk_WelcomeToTheNeighborhoodTag2

Next, I created a frame from the new Bitty Big: Limeade Ice polka dot paper using a Pinked Edge rectangle and the Fillable Frames #7 die (I did have to double cut the Fillable Frames die to make it long enough, but it was a snap to do). I adhered the frame to the tag and added a Raspberry Fizz hole enforcer.

LizzieJones_May2018_SeasonalBordersSummer_PapertreyInk_WelcomeToTheNeighborhoodTag3

Then, I stamped and die cut the flower cluster from Seasonal Borders: Summer two times. I adhered them to the tag with a mix of flat and foam adhesives to give some dimension and then finished off the tag with some green baker's twine. Hanging this tag off of a nice bottle of wine or a basket of baked goodies would be such a nice way to welcome a new neighbor!

That's all I have for you today. I hope you've enjoyed today's post! I'll be back tomorrow with more of this month's release, but make sure to pop in on Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Laurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, Michelle, and Stephanie for more sneak peeks or click HERE to see everything we're introducing today. Enjoy your Saturday and I'll see you again in the morning!

Supplies:
Celebrate The Simple Things Card


Hello Card


Welcome To The Neighborhood Tag

3 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! Where to begin with your very creative post. I love the lighting you achieved on your Forest floor and gingham is perfect for your strawberry. I wish they grew here like they do your way. And the tropical tag is a fav, it makes a very nice addition to any summer gift. Living in Florida, I enjoy our hibiscus very much. Beautiful post Lizzie, thx!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful projects my dear! I love that gorgeous red gingham with the sweet strawberry and lady bug. My mom has strawberries in her yard too that tumble down her rockery. This is a sweet set!

nancy said...

I'm enjoying your Forest Floor series, Lizzie. You are capturing the unassuming, yet charming plants that are often overlooked for their showy contemporaries. Your cards have captured their charms.

I have two questions/requests. If you took a picture of those wild strawberries last summer, would you share it please? I'd love to see them. (Your yard is filled with wonderful surprises!) I'm confused about the wreath image. It is called phlox in the stamp description, but is unlike any phlox I know. Would you please show a stamped sample or, better yet, use it on a card? As I wrote, I'm confused about that one and haven't seen it used yet. Thank you, Lizzie.